top of page

Minor Guardianship


Guardianship of a minor occurs when a court grants someone the right to care for a child for an extended period of time. In many cases, guardianship is awarded in the following situations:

- Both parents give their consent
- Parental rights are terminated
- Neither parent can fulfill essential parenting functions
- Parents are deceased


If you would like to petition the court to appoint a guardian for a minor child, View Ridge Family Law & Estate Planning can help. 

Washington allows you to file a petition with the court to request a guardian be chosen. The guardian can be a grandparent, aunt, uncle, sibling, or family friend. 

Acting quickly is crucial when a child is in an unsafe environment, and our family law attorneys understand the stakes of minor guardianship. We approach each case with delicate, compassionate consideration and aggressive, dedicated representation. 

Contact View Ridge for trusted guidance when you realize it’s time to step in and protect a child you love. 

bottom of page